You're A Work Of Art

Hey guys! This post will be short and slightly cheesy, for me that is.  You know how some people were born to seek for love and affecti...

Hey guys! This post will be short and slightly cheesy, for me that is. 

You know how some people were born to seek for love and affection and others chose their goals over love? I think I was meant to be the latter. After tons and tons of heartbreaks and bad timings, I have realized that it has always been my goals. Maybe I was too emotionally and mentally involved with achieving my goals to let myself fall for another 'perfect' human being. I was given the chance to, but I just didn't know how. 

 My life has been blessed lately by loads of opportunities in the creative arts department and I am forever grateful. The fact is, I made that happen, me(with a little help from my friends, of course)! It's ridiculous to hear that coming out from your own mouth. I took a brave step to expose myself, expose my emotions through various forms of arts and finally, thank God, they noticed. 

Being seen and acknowledged via your art work, be it through poetry, music or paintings, it is somewhat similar to stripping naked. Your art is an expression of your soul and you were willing to express it which proves how brave of a person you are. I have realized that it is not an easy task to do -- not all of us could gather up the courage to show our naked souls to someone, or everyone. 
It needs to be appreciated. 

Creative arts are important especially for my generation. It is difficult for us to express ourselves with oldies complaining or lecturing on how rude it is to even give our slightest opinion all the time. Seriously? There is no freedom of speech and the arts are still oppressed. 
Therefore, we will take a stand.
This shall be the time where you will notice some changes. 

"Art is a way of survival." - Yoko Ono

You Might Also Like

0 comments