fade away

Woman with a Parasol by Monet I can't think of any tune to relate to -- it's quiet. Death is quiet. When I look at this piece b...

Woman with a Parasol by Monet
I can't think of any tune to relate to -- it's quiet. Death is quiet. When I look at this piece by Monet, what I see is a woman... A mother with her child. They are both staring at something that caught their attention, maybe it's us or maybe it's something else entirely. They look beautiful nonetheless. So, I wonder... For those who have passed on, my uncles, grandfathers, aunts and grandmothers; where are you? Are you still in pain? I hope you're in some place nice.

Today, my (real) grandmother passed away. I couldn't bare to see her in pain, even through the photos my (real) sister sent. What sucks is the fact that I am miles away from home and I can't see her for one last time. I didn't get to visit her at the hospital when I was home in December as well. If I'd known she was asking about my well-being, I would've went there to tell her how university is like and the people here. Now, the only memory I have of her is myself -- my blood.

I have had my fair share of losses, as you'd know and this is not a shock to me anymore. Often times, it'd be a tearjerker, however, I am fine with it, I accept it. I have never been angry towards death, I don't think there's a reason to. Sure, a person would be pissed as hell for losing someone they love but what's the use of being angry at fate when it won't bring them back?

Back to the Monet piece, I like to perceive the woman as my grandmother. She's on top of a hill filled with dandelions and daisies. She looks great, healthy and relaxed. The child could be an interpretation of a son or younger sibling she might have lost. They're together now in a kaleidoscope field -- enchanting and cosmic. However, there are still shades of blue but that don't matter.

Lastly, to whoever is experiencing loss right now, please stay strong as they are no longer in pain and you, you magnificent being, you can get through this with grace. Life is short and whether you are young or old, fate will knock on your door. Therefore, live life the way you want to and have faith.

peace&love x

You Might Also Like

0 comments