a cup of melancholy

by Karen Wood isn't it a pity  by george harrison i am currently in my room listening to george harrison's all things must ...

by Karen Wood
isn't it a pity by george harrison

i am currently in my room listening to george harrison's all things must past album while my sister talks little bits about Harrisongs Ltd and his top 5 best songs. i prefer a night like this -- sharing intricate details about one another because despite growing up together, we don't quite know each other as well as we thought, and it's refreshing. 

on an unrelated note, do you know what i truly yearn for? riding my bike before the sun rises with a melancholy song blasting on my headphones, transporting me to another world. there's nothing wrong being where i am, i only miss the feeling. i remember when the sky was lavender, the air was cool and 'beach baby' was playing... it was an epitome of God's magnificent artistry that could not be replicated by mere mortals, at least that's what i think. 

oh, there's this song i am addicted to. let's say i am often under the influenced of a magnificent tune. gospel by the national makes my heart beats slower, and then faster in less than a minute... it's abnormal. for some odd reason, when he sings and i'll, i'll bring a nice icy drink to you, it feels like an old friend i have lost hugged me -- the warmth of comfort yet sorrow tied together as the line darling, can you tie my string? comes. my favourite line is my angel face is falling, feathers are falling on my feet. i suppose you can interpret that on your own, that's what makes life interesting anyway. 

i have three days left in brunei, not sure what's left to do here. i do miss deep conversations with a pinch of stupidity while listening to nostalgic music. i had that last month with a close friend of mine whom i have known for years and... it was something i didn't know i needed. i believe we come across that once in awhile after a hectic day/ week/ month/ year when we give ourselves a timeout and remember the good ol' days when times weren't as challenging yknow? anyway, that's enough for now.


You Might Also Like

0 comments