a new leaf

Piazza, New York Catch  by Belle & Sebastian "I never realise how much I like being home unless I have been somewhere really diff...

Piazza, New York Catch by Belle & Sebastian

"I never realise how much I like being home unless I have been somewhere really different for a while..." - Juno (2007)

 Currently sitting at a cafe beside the university I'm attending that is still alien to me. My butt is slowly cramping uncomfortably to tell you the truth -- petition for more cushioned chairs s'il vous plaît. 

Here's something ironic; I never thought I would be one of those who would have multiple breakdowns longing for home. I used to think that leaving was the best thing that could potentially happen in my life – it could, time will tell I suppose.
I miss my cats though...

So, what's Piscespixies take on moving to a new country?
Be mentally, emotionally and physically prepared – however, mentality and emotions are possibly more significant considering you would be alone during the first few weeks or months and it can get difficult. BASICALLY, everything that Jimmy Eat World sang repeatedly on their track The Middle.

If only it is easy to be a chameleon in a such outgoing and extroverted environment. May I say, walking alone around the university makes me feel like the chorus of Beck's Loser. The positive, giddy side of me is convinced that it will get better, if not, much much more tolerable -- though, study wise, I don't have anything to worry about. I am grateful as heck to be in a prestigious university but emotional wise -- I pray that it gets better fast.

Till then, I'll wrap it up and say I miss home, the familiarity of it all... Here, it's not too bad, just glad it's finally my time to be independent and experience this side of life.

C'est la vie


You Might Also Like

0 comments