What I Needed To Hear Years Ago..

Hello , please take your time to read this if you aren't busy that is. I am currently in my bedroom with my niece beside me hogging the ...

Hello , please take your time to read this if you aren't busy that is. I am currently in my bedroom with my niece beside me hogging the iPad as per-usual. I have been thinking; maybe it is meant to be in a way. Maybe, when life decided to distant us from the ones we were once close with -- one of us had to face various challenges in order to change into a better person. I have gone through a few difficult occurrences in my life--most aren't as fun as you would predict but I did learn a few things; such as dealing with the pain and sadness, be grateful despite being hurt, and patience.. infinite amount of patience. Along that struggling, tedious journey, I have begun to discover myself; I have realized that I do not need to live to anyone's expectations; all I need is to love myself and God, which is enough. It opened my mind and sense of humanity--I want to help. I want to reach out to those who experienced heartbreaks, depression, anxiety attacks, bullying. I want to let them know that it will be alright. You are not born sick or cursed. You are just born differently, which if you would change your perspective and look at the bright side; you are able to see things that others cannot and that is awesome. Why? Because, in the words of the lovely Noura Rockwood from an article I read in January, "we are different and the differences are opportunities for learning". You have gone through hell and back, yet you are still here -- present. There are more that needs to be said, but if you are a Muslim or a believer, God is with you and remember that it is not a punishment. Be proud of yourself for being alive. If you are happy and content, alhamdulillah, I am happy for you. 

I have stated a reference from an article, it is from The Islamic Monthly's website and it helped me understand more on bipolar disorders and gave me a sense of relief knowing that I, as a Muslim, am not alone in this and the thoughts that came with it. Link: here

You Might Also Like

0 comments